Tuesday 26 December 2017

The Science of Failure

When I was 17, I remember my father gave me a book to read.

The book was Dare to Fail by Billi Lim.

When I read the first time, I could not relate.

It was rubbish.

It was nonsense.


To be honest, I never failed.

I never understood what failure feels like.

I was never in the bottom in a class.

Academic failure is not part of my life.


So, the book is not speaking in my language.


As I grew up, I understand to appreciate struggle.

Don't get me wrong, I always work hard.

Working hard is in my DNA.

But when I work hard, I always see results. And that to me is a success.


I understand that sometimes it just doesn't work.

Sometimes you need to let go.

Sometimes it is okay to slack off a bit.

Sometimes it is okay to FAIL.

It is a big word, but at one point in our life, we need to appreciate FAILURE.

So, let's celebrate FAILURE and come out stronger.

What is your biggest FAILURE?


No comments:

Post a Comment