Wednesday 12 February 2014

12.02.2014

Bismillah.

In the name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Yesterday, I set a new mission for myself. To read one book every week. I used to be an avid reader. And now, I find myself struggling to even finish off one book. The reason? Too distracted with technologies.

Smartphones, Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram and God knows what. These technologies are good, no doubt, but always use it with caution, and always limit yourself. Do it with moderation.

Speaking of moderation,this reminds me of this beautiful hadith;

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The good deeds of any person will not make him enter Paradise (i.e., no one enters paradise only through his good deeds)." The Prophet's companions asked: "Not even you?" The Prophet replied: "Not even myself, unless God bestows His favor and mercy on me. So be moderate in your religious deeds and do what is within your ability. None of you should wish for death, for if he is a doer of good, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an evil doer, he may repent to God." 

Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Hadith 577

Retrieved here

Beautiful isn't it?

To end, this is the book that I pick this week. Wish me all the best.



With love,
Khodijah Fatonah Rom




No comments:

Post a Comment